Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Traditional Vs. Mist Tan

As much as I'm looking forward to Hawaii, I have some fear about working (and playing) around the sun. Back in the day, as a strapping lad, I used to bronze quite well.

But now, I just burn ... as in "to a crisp."

My wife, who shares the same malady, suggested we go tanning together before PATHWAYS. The rationale was that we would condition our skin to the rays, so that we wouldn't fry so easily in Hawaii. That sounded good initially until she did some research. Turns out, hitting the tanning bed also escalates chances for skin cancer. (Who knew? It seemed so safe what with the Ultra Violet rays and all hitting your skin in very concentrated way.)

So ... we're opting for something safer: A mist tan. Yeah, it's pretty much what you would think. Someone actually paints a tan on you. It lasts for 10 days or so (before you slowly transform back to your whiter self). Apparently, it will also help decrease my chances of burning. (Again, who knew?)

While I'll probably go through with it, the whole thing really seems kind of unnatural. Don't be surprised if I show up to PATHWAYS looking something like this:


At least my teeth will look whiter.

- Doug

No comments: